Sunday, July 13, 2014

Radiotheraphy week5-6#

I asked my doctor to have her permission since I would like to go to Indonesia for a week. We have already discussed it long time ago before the treatment began. Actually, she did not totally agree if I go to Indonesia at that period. This was because the treatment has been started for 4 weeks and she was afraid that if we stopped the treatment for a while, there would be a problem in my tumor. Finally, she gave me permission to leave.
Since it was a high season, so I took the cheapest flight. It was Marseille-Barcelone-Berlin-Abu Dhabi-Jakarta-Jogjakarta with the duration of more than 30h. It seemed crazy by taking such itinerary. But, yeah it was, I was crazy. I have a different-or maybe strange- "behavior" in this case. I love aviation, I like travelling, I enjoy to stay in the airport and in the airplane for a long time, I prefer to take several transits to visit new places-although only transit). By taking this itinerary, I could visit Barcelone (my favorite city), I would transit in the two new places, Berlin and Abu Dhabi and I would use three new airlines that I've never taken before, Vueling, Air Berlin and Etihad. That's me.
The journey was started. I went to Barcelone and met my best friend Nuzuly Tara (she used to be a student in Marseille and she did her internship in Barcelone). Then, I continued my flight to Berlin. I had 5 hours of transit and I decided to go out of the airport and had city sight seeing. For sure, that was one of a good points travelling in Europe. I could say that I also have a "vacation" in Berlin and Barcelone. Then, it was the time to say goodbye to Berlin and say Hi to Abu Dhabi. I liked Abu Dhabi airport, it was big and there were a lot of facilities for the passengers. I love travelling by airplane and enjoy to have long haul flight. In this flight, I felt different. I did not totally enjoy the flight and it was really tiring (it was because of the treatment, for sure).
The journey continued to the final country. Finally, I arrived in Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia, it was 23.00. My next flight would be at 6.40 at the following day. At the time, I flied Garuda Indonesia from Jakarta to Jogjakarta with the main reason that the terminal for Garuda is in the international terminal and I could take a rest comfortably inside the terminal. But, when I went to the Garuda terminal, the officer say that it is closed during the night and will be opened two hours before the first flight in the early morning. I said, it was disaster and I have to stay outside during the night???. In my normal condition, maybe I could accept that. But at the time, I would say again that it was disaster with my condition. I had no choice and I had to wait outside. The other bad things were waiting for me outside. First, the different weather. In December, it is winter in Europe and it was hot and sunny all the time in my country. The different weather made me feel more tired. Second, there were a lot of people outside (they would go to Saudi Arabia to have Umra). So, there was no much place to take a rest. Such a disaster!!!!.
Finally, I arrived in my city, Jogjakarta. Having finished my work there, I asked my friends to hang out together and tried different kind of Indonesian foods. Although, I tried many kind of food, I couldn't enjoy their taste because they were tasteless for me. There was nothing I can do and i had to accept it.
The time passed very fast and the time to go back to Marseille had arrived. In this journey, my itinerary was Jogjakarta-Jakarta-Abu Dhabi-Dusseldorf-Marseille. The flight was nice and I arrived to Dusseldorf. I went to the passport control and there was a problem. The police said that I could not enter Europe with my documents. At the time I had "Recipisse pour Demander Titre De Sejour". This is a temporary document before obtaining the French identity card. This document is given as the preparation of the card is time consuming. Principally, the recipisse is equal with the identity card.  I had explained everything to the police. But, the police did not accept that. I was REALLY panic at the time and i had no idea what should i do. At the end, the police said that I had to go back to my country and prepare the visa. I had no choice and believe it or not, my next flight was heading to Indonesia instead of Barcelone.
I said hi again to Abu Dhabi airport. Fortunately, the flight to Jakarta was delayed for most than 7 hours. It means that i did not need to spend the whole night outside the airport  like the last journey. I spent the 7 hours to take a rest and search the information about the legality of my document and i found that my document is legal and i could enter Europe. Having arrived in Jakarta, I directly searched another DIRECT flight heading to France. I chose Thai Airways. Two things that made me smile were I would visit Thailand at the new year eve and I would use Airbus A380. Thanks God, the first time i could fly A380 was at the 1st of January 2014. EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING.
Welcome to Paris Charles de Gaulle. Honestly, I was a little bit afraid to pass the passport control. Afraid that the same incident would be happened as in Dusseldorf. Pleasingly, I had the stamp on the airport which mean that i could enter Europe. I clarified whether i could enter the Europe with the recipisse or not. And, the police said, "yes and the Germany police is strange". I took the TGV (fast train) from Paris Airport to Marseille. From Marseille train station, i directly go to Romain's house. We spoke about everything that happened to me. Ten minutes later, I had a deep sleep due to the "double jet lag"............

No comments:

Post a Comment