In France, there is another kind of tart, i.e. tarte au thon (tuna tart). I think, it is better to considered it as main course instead of desert. Perhaps because it is salty and not sweet (not a good answer). I'd like to say again to my housemate, Romain, who tell me the recipe. Similar with tarte aux pommes, it is very easy to make. Shall we!!....
- 1 pâte à tarte feuilletée (puff pastry), you can easily buy it at the store and normally the size is as big as a pan of pizza;
- 500 g of chopped fresh tuna (or it is usually packed in can);
- 250 g of tomato puree or slices of tomato;
- 3 spoon of Crème fraîche (sour cream, if you like);
- 1 onion (if you like);
- Grated cheese;
- A pinch of oregano (if you like);
- Salt and pepper (as you wish!!).
How to make
- First, preheat the oven (180 C);
- Open the puff pastry on the oven-safe-plate;
- Mix the tuna with salt, pepper and put them on the pastry;
- Then, sprinkle sliced onion, cheese and oregano (to give the italian sensation), respectively;
- Fold the edge of the pastry;
- Put the pastry on the pre-heated oven (make sure it is hot) and baked it for 45 min.
- Serve it warm or hot.
Voila..... Tarte au thon....Bon appetite!!.....
p.s. i'll post the pic.....